|Copyright © 2005– by CCLA. |
All rights reserved.
CCLA Server Tournaments are played on the ICCF Webserver. Time Limit unless otherwise indicated is 40 days/10 moves. Internet access is needed to make moves and a valid e-mail address, registered with ICCF, is required to receive official communication about your games, as well as automatic notifications when your opponents have moved. Note: CCLA membership is required to play in all CCLA server tournaments. You may also choose to participate in ICCF-US events, international tournaments & "friendly matches" sponsored by ICCF.
Please include your ICCF ID# and make sure your e-mail address is up-to-date on the server in order to avoid missing a tournament start sheet. If you do not have an ICCF ID#, let us know when you enter your first CCLA server tournament and we will get one for you. We need your first name, middle initial (optional but recommended), last name and the e-mail address where you would like move notifications sent. This address is held privately and used only to send you official e-mail from the ICCF Webserver or from the CCLA Server T.D. concerning your games.
'Year Round Events
1. Regular Quads Open year round to all CCLA players rated 1800 or below. Four-player section, two games per opponent. Section
started as soon as it is filled. Entry fee $6 per section, multiple entries permitted.
2. Premier Quads Open year round to all CCLA players rated 1600 or above. Four-player section, two games per opponent. Section started
as soon as it is filled. Entry fee $6 per section, multiple entries permitted.
Annual Events with
1. Seasonal Server Series - there are two seasonal tournaments, the Winter Server Series and the Summer Server Series. Entry fee $6 per section, multiple entries permitted. One round. No prizes. Entrants grouped by rating. Players paired as either a 7-player single round robin, or as a 4-, 5- or 6-player double-round robin. Total number of games played is six to ten, depending on number of entrants and pairing option.
|Entry deadline: (Winter Series): Jan 15.|
|Entry deadline: (Summer Series): July 15.|
2. CCLA North American Server Class Championships - this is a one or two round event depending on the number
of entrants. There are four rating classes , A, B, C and D. Classes C and D may be combined, depending on the
number of entrants. Each winner of a round one section and all players scoring 75% or better advance to the final round of their class.
First place prize $20. Entry fee $8. Pairings may be single round robin or double round robin, depending on number of entrants in a class.
1. CCLA Server Team Championship (Played in Odd-Numbered Years) - this is one of our most popular events. Teams will
consist of six players. Team and individual applications accepted. If you apply as an individual we will assign you to a team based on your rating and the
team needs. The number of divisions, teams per division and games played per opponent depend on the number of entries. Teams are assigned to divisions based
on the average team rating. Each player plays one or two games against opponents on his board (Board 1 plays all other Board 1 players, etc.) Entry fee $8.
2. Herbert W. Gustafson Memorial (Played in Even-Numbered Years) - this special event is named in Herbert W. Gustafson's honor. When Mr.
Gustafson passed away in 2008, he left a bequest to CCLA to support chess events like this. Tournament details are announced in advance by the CCLA office.
There is no entry fee and there may be prizes. Please bookmark this site / this
web page and check for future announcements!